Need an easy quick dip to throw together for your next BBQ or get together with family or friends? This recipe is simple. This dip can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. We originally received this idea from our friend Kristie and added a few of our favorite ingredients to it! We call this one not-so-skinny because c’mon guys, let’s eat great flavored food! Enjoy our spin on the recipe!
1 10 ounce can Rotel Original (drained)
2 cans (15 ounce each) of your favorite beans drained/ rinsed (We used pinto and black beans)
1 11 ounce can Mexican corn (drained)
1 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk ranch (recipe at the bottom of the post)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2-1 teaspoon minced garlic (jar)
Onion powder to taste (We used about 1/2 tablespoon, depends on how strong your green onions are)
Salt + Pepper + Red Pepper flakes to taste
1) Drain Rotel and Mexican corn cans with a strainer. Set aside.
2) Drain beans/ rinse beans with cold water.
3) We put the Rotel, beans, Mexican corn in a salad spinner and spin off excess liquid so the dip will not be watery.
4) Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly mixed.
5) Garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, shredded cheese, and crush red pepper.
1/2 cup of real mayo (use off brand, not Hellmann’s)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch packet
Minced garlic to taste (jar)
Mix all ingredients until smooth with a whisk. Chill in refrigerator for an hour or so.
With love and flavor,