Happy Friday! We hope everyone’s weeks have been great so far and low stress. It is almost the weekend! This week we are sharing with you, “The Mega Almond Sugar Cookie”! This mega cookie has little preparation, simple directions, and a short bake time. It’s been tested and approved many times by neighbors, family, and friends! We originally shared Back For Seconds original recipe “Almond Butter Meltaways”awhile back on our Facebook page, and we but adapted that recipe into a “mega cookie.” This saves time and less prep! For her full recipe instructions please click here. We adapted the recipe a tad. Here is the recipe below! We promise it is a keeper!
Mega Almond Sugar Cookie
1 cup salted butter (room temperature, 2 sticks)
1 cup of sugar
1 room temperature egg
1 teaspoon butter flavoring
1.5 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Icing for the Mega Almond Sugar Cookie
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons whole milk
Directions for “The Mega Sugar Cookie”:
1)Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream room temperature butter and sugar together with a hand-held mixer.
2) Add in room temperature egg, butter flavoring, and almond extract. Mix until ingredients combined.
3) In a separate small mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until combined.
4) Add flour mixture in three parts to butter/ sugar mixture. In between mixing in these three parts use your hand held mixer to make sure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. The dough will become thicker in texture.
5)Take a pizza pan like this and place parchment paper on top of the pizza pan.
6) Scoop dough onto pizza pan.
7) Flour your hands and press dough evenly onto pizza pan. We cut down the extra parchment paper on the sides down at this point.
8) Place cookie in the oven at 350 degrees for 14-15 minutes. When you take the cookie out of the oven let it completely cool before frosting. The dough will look underdone but will settle as it cools! This makes for a super soft buttery cookie! To speed of the process, you can place in the refrigerator.
Directions for icing for “The Almond Mega Cookie”
1) Pick out your sprinkles! The most important step of all! We are in love with these gold and silver ones! Oh, silver and gold…beautiful.
2) Place powdered sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and milk in a small mixing bowl. Mix with a fork until smooth.
3) Frost the cookie starting in the middle and moving the icing outwards.
4) Sprinkle that cookie with sprinkles!
5)Cut, eat and enjoy! If you are not eating right away please store in airtight container in the refrigerator! Let sit out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving! Do note put away if you are serving your party guests right away this cookie has been known to disappear quickly! The cookie cuts perfectly if pre-refrigerated. Sincerely,
Your Almond Queens,