Hosting Thanksgiving was fun this year! I stayed up until 2am the night before decorating our house for Christmas. I’m not sure what you think about decorating early for Christmas, but I love the cozy feel when your guests arrive! My mom, aunt, sister and I divided up the food menu so we each made 3-4 dishes! This way it was much easier for everyone and the different cooking styles together = delicious. I wanted to share this cheese ball I made as an appetizer! My sister gave me the idea of what ingredients she was craving and I turned it into this! This cheese ball was delicious.
Chipped Beef Cheese Ball with Dill
2.25 ounces dried beef (very small pieces)
24 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup sliced green onions (about 5)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (in jar)
1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder or regular garlic powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dill weed
1) Place dried beef in a food processor or slice into very small pieces.
2) Mix all ingredients except sliced almonds and fresh dill in a bowl until mixed thoroughly.
3) Form mixture into ball with your hands. Wrap in saran wrap and place in refrigerator for an hour or until you are ready to use.
4) Before serving cheese ball take out of refrigerator and roll in slice almonds and place fresh dill on the cheese ball for a garnish and some extra flavor!
5) Serve cheese ball with crackers or bagel chips! We personally love the spread on a toasted bagel! If you are not close to bagel shop like us you can buy the plain bagels from a package and gourmet them up yourself!
Butter both sides with salted butter. Toast in oven face down at 375-400 until golden brown. Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings. Our favorite is “the everything bagel”! Our favorite toppings include: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dry minced onion and dry minced garlic!
Here are the 2am decorations we were speaking of earlier! Sparkles, silver, gold, Christmas bulbs, pine tree candles, pine cones, Christmas lights, growlers and pretty glassware! You know we are not wine drinkers but those look pretty nice on the table!
Have a great rest of your Monday!